Today’s Hadith is about what to do for your Parents’ after their passing away.
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Good behaviour towards parents by which one can be courteous to them after their demise are to pray namaz-e-janaza upon them, make dua of forgiveness for them, fulfill their religious bequests, maintain relationship with those relatives linked through them and honour their friends. [Abu Daud] “Charity on their behalf after their death (also) earns reward for them.” [ Muslim ]
It is common practice to understand the benefit of something simply after it is no more. Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) in His Infinite Grace has accommodated us a way to offer some kind of reparation even as late as after the individual has passed away.
This hadith discloses to us how we can be devoted to our parents even after their demise, along these lines gathering rewards for both them and ourselves.
These ways are:
1. Pray Janaza for them.
2. Ask Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) to forgive them.
3. If they had made intention to do some religious acts for example Hajj or nafl ibadah or charity work, at that point fulfill it for their sake.
4. Be caring to those relatives who are connected to us through them.
5. Respect their companions.
6. Give charity for their sake. Rather than crying over our parents, if we really cherish them, at that point we ought to do great deeds ourselves.
This is on the grounds that we are a form of Sadaqat ul Jaariyah for our parents and any good act we do on their behalf they will sure be compensated for it by Allah SWT.